Friday, February 09, 2007

Kari and Phill

If I were at home I would be getting dressed for a wedding. I’m not. I’m watching 'Ellen' lying on the sofa. Oh, and I’m 7000 miles away.

Today is the first of five weddings that I’ll miss this year. I don’t think they’ll get any easier to miss, but having to start with missing with Kari’s is hard. She was one of my best friends in school and I had always imagined that I would be there on her wedding day. It wasn’t to be.

Seriously, I don’t think anyone, unless you have been away to start a new life somewhere, can fully understand how hard it is to do. Not only are you not with your friends on a daily basis, they have the audacity to carry on life with out you!! But stare decisis, I chose to come here and missing things like this is part of the deal.

Anyway Kari and Phill (not that you’ll actually read this for a couple of weeks), I hope you have a brilliant day, you enjoy it all, and you remember every detail (not least so you can fill me in on what I missed!) I can't wait to hear all about it!

2 comments:

Kaz said...

sorry to hear your missin' the weddings chick,
drop me an email, i was gonna send u one but i'm not sure wot your address is anymore, G mail summit?
hehe
hava a geat weekend

Kari said...

Awwww Tina! We're sitting in the airport waiting for our honeymoon flight and thought we'd have a wee look at your blog. Brought a tear to my eye! It was so good to talk to you on the day...even if it only was for 2 minutes! Love you and miss you loads! K xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails