Thursday, February 08, 2007

The shoes

I’m not one of those crazy shoe people like Carrie Bradshaw or someone but there is something about a nice pair of shoes. The colour, the fit, the heel. Even though I'm tall I like wearing heels, and I discovered today most of my enjoyment from heels comes from the noise they make. This should not have been news to me. I remember when I was little wearing my mum’s shoes and listening to the clip clop noise they made across the tiled kitchen floor.

A couple of months ago I got one of my most favourite pairs of shoes…ever. When I was 'Office Tina' in the Department, they were my favourite thing to wear. The TOM quickly realised their new importance in my wardrobe and from then on they were ‘the shoes’.



That'll be the right shoe.

Today I was wearing the shoes. I noticed a slightly different noise coming from one. Nightmare of all nightmares the replaceable heel bit at the bottom had come to loose. No fear I thought, there’s a man that sits outside the shops by the school and reheels shoes, I’ll get him to stick it down with his super shoe glue. I carefully walked up to him and tried to explain what I needed done. It was a complete waste of breath. I would have been better He whipped off the old heel, and stuck a new one on. Then, quicker than you could say ‘Imelda Marcos’ he’d taken the other one and done the same to it. As I put my shoes back on again, there was no noise, no clip clop, nothing. My shoes were mute. He mutilated, actually mutilated my shoes. Devastated.


I walked on to the bus a quieter and little sadder person.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The heels in the pic looks great..excellent colour..my fav one...

Related Posts with Thumbnails