Saturday, February 03, 2007

One month in

Yesterday was my one month anniversary. It really doesn’t feel like I’ve been here that long. Anyway, there was a staff barbeque organised. I don’t think it was celebrate my month, just a happy coincidence. It was great craic and a good chance to get to know some of the people I work with (although there are still a good few names I don’t have a clue about). Afterwards a few of us went to a pub for some more drinks (yes, read that sentence again, alcohol on Methodist property?!)

One of the guys there found out that a couple of us were Christians. We fielded question after question. It was a proper mature adult conversation, and the questions asked weren't in a nasty way. He just wanted explanation about why we believed in the things we did, especially when it came to sex before marriage. Although something else came up which maybe isn’t so obvious – Noah and the ark.

I know some Christians really relish the opportunity of talking about all these kinds of things, but I am not one. I feel like if I say something I believe to be true that they’ll get all pissy about something I said. The thing about last night was that was disappointing though is the way we were dominated in the conversation. It was more ‘why do you believe this?’, not us asking ‘why do you not?’ if you know what I mean.

I don’t really know why I am writing about this but it’s just something I thought about today as I dossed around. Which reminds me, my Ikea stuff arrived today so maybe photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails