Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Autumn leaves keep falling on my head

I am so confused by the weather here. At the weekend there were children paddling in the river in Greenville, it was like a good summer’s day back home. IT’S NOVEMBER! That is officially the month of grey days, rain and dark nights. Not paddling in rivers! It has not rained here in weeks. The last time I remember it raining was when I went out for lunch with Maggie and got served fruit salad, remember? That was ages ago! I mean, what’s the deal with that?! How are the trees even standing without rain? How is the grass so green? I thought that was why Ireland was called the Emerald Isle, green fields from all the rain.

Anyway, without the rain the leaves that fall remain all crisp. There isn’t much wind here either so the leaves say on the trees longer. That made it very pretty.




But now the leaves are falling much more. This is slightly annoying for me, cos I live in the middle of a forest of trees.


This is what I am greeted to upon my return to the house everyday. Grr! A carpet of leaves I tell you!

But somehow I can’t be that mad cos it is so so pretty.


These trees are right outside my office window and were the brightest red I have ever seen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails