Thursday, November 24, 2005

The next couple of days

Today is my last day in work this week because of Thanksgiving. I feel a bit like how Buddhists and all must feel at Christmas time. Thanksgiving really means nothing to me, nothing at all. My only experience of Thanksgiving up to this point is from American TV and films, mostly the Friends’ Thanksgiving episodes, usually the cheap mish-mash of other episodes or the brilliant flashback episodes.

Anyway, I’m glad it’s Thanksgiving because I get 2 days off work (no blogs until Monday). Pretty much everyone I've met since I arrived has invited me to their house for Thanksgiving, which was very nice of them but I decided to stay at the Lake and enjoy my free days without the pressure of being a guest at someone’s house. Friday may well be a designated Jammie Day. But tomorrow I’ll be having a big old turkey dinner with George and Virginia and family.

I wonder will they do that American TV thing of going round the table and saying what you’re thankful for. I should have a few things ready to say, other than ‘I’m thankful for jammies'.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ooooh! I just put the weather lady and clock on my template. How fancy!

This is to demonstrate that it is ARTIC here! It even snowed yesterday. Brrr.

pamelaalgie said...

today it snowed.

I am thankful for my veggie tales notebook that my friend tina sent me.

and for snow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails