Friday, November 18, 2005

What a great game!

I miss UK TV programmes. Like 'X Factor'. I hear all the news on Chris Moyles. Why did Louie vote Maria?! Is it an Irish Mafia like Sharon says?! I don't know because I don't see it anymore.

(This week Jimmy Carr was in with Chris Moyles and they were talking about the little OCD tendencies we all have. Does he read my blog?! People texted in with theirs. Somebody cannot look at barcodes. Someone else has to put their socks on and off four times before their shoes. I think I am decidely normal in light of these freaks.)

Anyway, I heard the new line-up for 'I'm a Celebrity...'. I know I'll miss all the fun of the fair with that one. Actually I'll just miss Ant and Dec, they're the only reason to watch the programme.

But King Nicky and Princess Heidi came up with a great game, which is fun for all the family. You have to come up with the best ever 'I'm a Celeb' line up. The only rules are they have to be alive and have no discernable career.

So here are my choices. I've followed a few other 'I'm a Celeb' rules, like equal numbers of boys and girls.

1. Toby Anstis (former CBBC and The Ozone presenter) I was thinking about Andy Crane but just because his name is Anstis I have gone for him. Maybe he could bring Otis too?
2. Sean Maguire (Grangehill, EastEnders and one time pop star) fitting the old popstar and/or actor slot.
3. Eric Knowles (Antiques Roadshow) there's always an older man who has a 'career' although clearly wants to be more famous.
4. Noel don't know, did I ever know, his surname (Hear'say) again fitting the old pop star role.
5. Paul Ince (ex-England and Man U midfielder) there's always an old sport has-been. He's looking to set up a future career in punditry.
6. Shauna Lowry (Animal Hospital presenter) I wanted someone from NI in there and Caron Keating is sadly dead.
7. Lisa Stansfield ('Been around the world and Iii Iii Iii') again, ex pop star.
8. The actress that played Rudy Huxtable in The Cosby Show. I needed an American (there's always one) and a child star and she fitted the bill. We'll all be amazed at how grown up she is now.
9. Fatima Whitbread (Javelin thrower) again the older, wiser, should know better person, plus a sportswoman.
10. Clarissa Dickson Wright (One Fat Lady TV chef) older, wiser and who...oh her! person. Trying to increase the sales of her forthcoming cookbook.

My list is slightly lacking in that there is no hot girl, like a model or recent pop star. The closest thing is Shauna and Lisa and I don't think they're going to make the teenage boys tune in somehow (although there's a fair chance that Rudy will be hot). But apart from that I like the balance. Noel Edmonds would be a good addition though, as would Ronnie Corbett, but that would upset the balance I have carefully crafted.

I challenge you to come up with your own list with a list of 10 has-beens from a wide variety of fields and those looking to resuscitate their current struggling careers and make it to the big time. Seriously, do it!


Who's got space for who surely would be an 'I'm a Celeb' great? I mean Noel...although Mr. Blobby? I can hear the 'Blobby blobby blobby' in the jungle already! Or maybe just the man who was inside him, that would certainly be a nobody with definitely no discernable career.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails