Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Heeelp heeelp! I'm a weak female!

Yesterday I went to the car place to order my new petrol door. I am proud to say that I played female card very well. I normally cannot stand girls who make out they are thicker than they are. I think it is, at best, unhelpful to dispelling the myth that girls are somehow not as clever as boys and at worst, downright disrespectful to women that fought for us to have the right to vote. That might make me sound like a hairy arm-pitted, bra burning feminist, but it just annoys me.

I don't think I made myself out to be overly stupid, I just laughed at myself for breaking it. And I don't know for sure that he wouldn't have painted it and fitted it for free without playing the card. But I am my father's daughter and anything you can get for free is a good deal. (He'll quite happily let people assume he's a pensioner).

And anyway who's not to say that playing the female card with such skill isn't a clever move, if stupid men are prepared to believe you!

(Sorry about the guilt trip from yesterday, but it clearly worked. Emails from Darren, Nicky A, Megann, Julie, Mavis, Nicky and Mother. Now you can sleep easy knowing you emailed your good friend Tina!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails