Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bout ye!

One of the ways I have changed this year is all to do with accents.

You know the way when you watch TV and you think you sound exactly like the presenters until someone from NI appears alongside them and then you have to turn the TV down or off because you are so mortified that perhaps you might sound like them?

Well now I can hear my accent and what’s more, I actually like it.

I was watching Jools’ video yesterday (no time to blog, but time to watch videos!) and I could hear his loud and clear!

Before I could not stand my accent, and would have probably turned off the TV should someone from NI appear on it lest they shred my eardrums. But now, I actually like it.

Despite what Jud said in Korea about me going all American sounding, I have been assured that I still have my NI accent. I really am pleased about this. Watching the video yesterday I realised once again, it’s not a bad wee accent to have.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails