Thursday, August 10, 2006

I knew Rupert Murdoch couldn’t be all bad

Last night I was trying to figure out how to connect the TV (remember minus the all important Cable) to the VHS instead of the DVD. As I connected the aerial and flicked the channels to look for the video that was playing, a sight more beautiful than I had ever remembered nearly caused me to kiss the screen (had it not been for the static gathered dust and the annoying mark that my lips would make and the fact I’d have to clean the screen, I really, honestly and truly might have).

I got a TV channel! It’s ever so slightly snowy, but highly watchable. My, how the mighty have fallen. A couple of months ago, in my multi-channel world, I would have scoffed at the idea of being overjoyed at one snowy channel. But now? Now, one snowy channel is pure bliss. I can have the instant background noise of nothing in particular that I missed so much in the ten days (surely it was longer than ten days?!) I was without TV. I mean, sure I had Grey’s Anatomy, but that programme is so good it demands actual viewing not to be merely treated as background noise.

Even better news is that the TV channel I got is not just any ordinary TV channel, mind you after ten days QVC would have been a triumph, hell, had I got C-SPAN I would have been delighted. But my TV channel is Fox. Let me just repeat that, Fox, I can get Fox! I mean, had I had a wish list of TV channels to get it probably wouldn’t have made it to the top five, it’s more like a top ten channel. Sure the channel has good shows, or so I hear. But back in my multi-channel world I was taken to ABC, NBC, the WB, Bravo…first of all before Prison Break, 24, House etc etc.

So last night I watched* ‘House’ (Hugh Laurie’s accent really is good, isn’t it?! But what is Billy from Neighbours doing there?), ‘So You Think You Can Dance?’ (welcome back Cat) and the local news (it was my favourite local news even in my multi-channel world! It has excellent traffic news every five minutes in the morning which I watched it even though it never came close to covering my minute long journey to work.)

*watched = supplied background noise while I worked out my expenses, did dishes and tidied stuff from the move.

I really am not that addicted to TV as this blog would make it appear. But it has been a quiet ten days without it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails