Friday, August 25, 2006

Mail merge: stripping every last ounce of my patience

I have to take a break before someone gets hurt. I hate Excel, Word and in for a special mention on the hate list, mail merge. The information is there, take it you stupid excuse for a computer programme! Thank goodness it’s Friday afternoon, I need the weekend before I can look at this again. My head actually hurts from trying to work out why the blessed thing is not working.

Anyway it’s the weekend and I am very excited, I’ll tell you about it on Monday no doubt, although I said that about Korea once and you’re still waiting.

If you’re reading this at work on Monday, or even during the weekend, you can have a little think about this puzzler. Why, when I ate two bowls of cereal this morning and a banana mid-morning, did my stomach rumble so loudly Chryl thought there was a thunder storm. True story. Seriously though, I went years without ever having anything to eat until lunchtime, much to the consternation of my dad but yet I never was hungry. Yet when I have breakfast I am so hungry the noise confuses others into thinking they ought to let go of all metal objects and run from surface water.

Oh hilarious, I just looked out the window and saw that someone forgot to tie up the tour boat on the lake and it is floating out to sea as it were. I, in my thoughtfulness, took these photos for you. You too might be having issue with a mail merge and need a laugh and this worked for me.



'Hmm...odd they took the boat out with no one on it...hang on there's no one on it AT ALL!'


To the rescue!


But can only be one hero!


Headed back to port where all will be right with the world again.

All the same, I think I’d rather have forgotten to tie up the boat and be having that bad day than have to go back the life draining mail merge from hell.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails