Friday, February 17, 2006

Beware: squirrels overhead

I went out to my car this morning and clearly a squirrel had a really bad curry last night. My car was covered in all sorts of crud. Now I really need to wash the car.


This photo does not show off the 3D-ness of the crap. I hope he at least felt better afterwards.

I’m listening to Chris Moyles in work, as I always do. I have laughed so so much at it today! One of the things you will know about me through my blog is how much I love the BBC and I would bet good money on exactly where this came from. Growing up I only ever watched Children’s programmes on the BBC. I don’t know why - laziness of having to get up and change channel or maybe mother was scarred of her whiny kids wanting whatever was advertised.


Whatever the reason, I am absolutely unable to contribute in conversations about Inspector Gadget (I don't know what 'go-go gadget arms' actually means), Dangermouse (who was Penfold?) and whatever that thing was where everyone shouts ‘there’s somebody at the door, boom boom’. No clue at all. I mean, I can smile, and look interested but really reminiscing about these things is wasted on me.

[Actually the only thing I ever watched on ITV was the theme tune to Fraggle Rock. Oh and Fun House, there must have been nothing good on CBBC then or something. And David used to make me watch that programme where a team of kids went into like a virtual world with a helmet on their head and had challenges and stuff. Can't remember what it was called but it was on on Fridays (shut it parents!). Apart from these I think that was all I ever saw on ITV.]

However talk about Thundercats, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Bananaman, Willy Fogg, Corners, Byker Grove, Charlie Chalk, Bitsa, Superted, Henry's Cat, Round the Twist etc etc and I am right there with you. That’s exactly what Chris Moyles was talking today because Andi Peters was in. Apparently he was only 18 when he first was in the Broom Cupboard! Eighteen!! I was still watching CBBC at 18!


They talked about this website on the mighty BBC and I spent way too long this afternoon looking at the clips of past presenters. Just click on the presenter of your choice and away you go. (The Phillip Schofield one made me laugh out loud in the office, and in the Andi Peters one the date he says at the end is today!)

It's well worth a visit if you are like me and watched CBBC all through your childhood. If you are like Kari and know not what I mean when I say Edd the Duck, Broom Cupboard and Andy Crane, I’d give it a miss if I were you. I know that pretending to remember something you actually don't is near painful!

Right, I'm off home now! This weekend Hermann Tiner is taking to the slopes again. I cannot wait!

4 comments:

pamelaalgie said...

have you ever ever felt like this?
When strange things happen
Are you going round the twist?

Know what you mean tina - i was a cbbc girl too.

Ruth said...

I think you'll find the virtual helmet programme was called Knightmare!

Still shown on some fine retro sky channel.

What do you mean I have too much free time?

Tina said...

Knightmare! That was it! There are so many reasons to get Sky!

MinisterMoo said...

Knightmare! Was that the one with the wobbling, grumbling pot plant? Very cool, although I must admit I was a bit traumatised by wondering what happened to the people who fell through the grid thingy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails