Friday, February 10, 2006

I so nearly did it

Last night I thought I had beaten Wal Mart at their own game. As a result of the bruises I decided that I needed some Arnica Cream to try to stop the purple-ness on my knees before it developed. Arnica Cream is great stuff, especially if you are like me and walk into things, trip over things and fall onto things. In retrospect I really don’t know why I didn’t bring it with me! It’s got some sort of magical ingredient that helps swelling and discolouration from bruises. Lynsey (she used to work in a Chemist’s) told me about it after I got a big old bruise on my arm days before David and Karen’s wedding.

Anyway I had a wee scan of the shelves of where I thought it should be. Nothing. So I went to the Pharmacy counter and asked. I was greeted with a blank expression. I explained what it was and what you used it for, also chipping in that I was from Ireland (my favourite card to play in times like these). Nope, nothing. She pointed me back to the shelf where I had been looking. So I went back to see if there was anything close to what I need, maybe it wasn’t called Arnica Cream in America? While I was looking, the same lady came over to me holding in her hand Arnica Gel (gel as opposed to cream wasn’t really the difference I was expecting). ‘Look what I found in the special orders! I was just putting them away and couldn’t believe it when I saw it!’

I so nearly had them!



While I was looking for my perfectly reasonable Arnica Cream I could not believe my eyes when I saw this. This is a far away shot just to prove the normalness of the aisle it was on. Plasters, Vaseline…


And Udder Cream!! As in for cows! Are you having a laugh?! They don’t have Arnica Cream unless you order it like some sort of leper, but you can get Udder Cream for your cow on the aisle. In fact you can get it in two different sizes!

1 comment:

MinisterMoo said...

Sounds like my sort of store!

Related Posts with Thumbnails