Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Thank you for the music

When I came from Christmas I stepped up my training for the lake. Well infairness I hadn’t really pushed myself before Christmas. I decided that the best thing to do was put a few more upbeat songs on my phone to listen to. The ones that were on my phone before weren’t really working. So now as I make my way round I listen to these songs. In brackets are my favourite bits.

1) Steven Curtis Chapman – Dive (‘come on let’s go!’)
2) Basement Jaxx – Do Your Thing (‘say shut your mouth!’)
3) Sonicflood – In the Secret (‘pressing onward, pushing every hindrance aside’)
4) Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now (‘I like it’)
5) Jamiroquai – Use the Force (‘I must believe I can do anything’, great first line Jay Kay!)
6) Blair – Have Fun, Go Mad (‘I wanna do it again, I wanna do it again I wanna do do do do do do do it again, I like it, I like it, I like it, sing it baby, oh my God I think I like it a lot’ and ‘Lord have mercy on me yeeees’)
7) Basement Jaxx – Good Luck (‘You backed me up against the wall but I stand tall, don’t give a damn no more’)
8) The Cardigans – My Favourite Game (‘Dun dun dun, dun dun dun’)

I went out for a run last night again, the first proper one since my day of glory last week. I think it was a freak. I truly don’t know how I didn’t stop. But I know for sure that I'd be running nowhere without these songs and the little bits that make sing despite gasping for breath!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails