Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday

This week has gone so fast in work and I really don’t know why. I can’t believe it’s Thursday already. Anyway here are a few highlights of my day:

I got a microwave. Peter told me the Museum had one they weren’t using so I nicked it. This will mean I no longer have to think about what I need to take out of the freezer for dinner at lunchtime. Although it will also mean I have to re-jig my kitchen in order for it to fit. A small sacrifice I think.

I won the battle of the heating system with Chryl (oddily no vowel in her name). Her office is beside mine, we share the thermostat and…hmmm… how to say this? She’s going through the change of life and has hot flushes. She always wants the heat on the Arctic setting (that’s a few stages beyond Baltic). Today while she out I change it back to the Comfortably Warm But Not Too Warm To Make You Want To Sleep setting. For the first time I told her when she got back that I had changed it and she didn’t change it back. Although I imagine she is just waiting for me to leave the office.

The funniest name of the day goes to Rev. (yes Reverend) Goodpaster. He had to go into the ministry with that name. This was followed up with the prettiest town name I’ve heard in a while, Sunflower, Missouri. I want to go there.

Last night I was in Wal-Mart, let's face it, it’s a rare day that goes past when I don’t go. I’m strongly considering renaming my blog ‘things I’ve seen in Wal-Mart’. Anyway, I saw these things and so took photos.



St. Patrick's Day is the next official reason to spend good money. There are a whole stack of cards you can send, mostly around the theme of 'Kiss me, I'm Irish' or 'I'm not Irish but sure kiss me anyway'. My favourite item in the Paddy's Day section are the green pom poms. Give us a W, give us a A, give us a S, give us a T, give us a E, give us a O, give us a F, give us a M, give us a O, give us a N, give us a E, give us a Y and what have you got?!


Let it be known that, on this day, 16th February 2006, I declare that I will never be the sort of person that has a 3 step shelf organiser. Ever. Some things in life are more important that how your tins of soup are arranged.

It's a good job I only go to Wal-Mart for the absolute necessities in life.

4 comments:

Tina said...

I just googled Sunflower, MS (shut up, I work hard a good 10% of the day!)It appears to be a hole in the hedge kind of town. I'll maybe put the plans to travel there on hold.

Instead I will just imagine myself stanging by the 'Welcome to Sunflower' sign.

MinisterMoo said...

It might just be the Monica in me, but the three-step shelf organiser sounds fantastic! No more would you need to reach in to the back of the cupboard, lifting all the tins out just to see what they are...

Maybe I should get out more.

pamelaalgie said...

ross im glad you siad that first i agree i think they sound great! although we have cupboards that open on both sides so you dont have to do all the reaching.

My P1 teacher is called mrs sweetlove - imagine if she moved to sunflower and taught there and Rev Goodpastor went too and ministered - how storybook like...

Tina said...

You two are quite the saddest people I have ever met.

But I would like to read that storybook!

Related Posts with Thumbnails