Thursday, February 09, 2006

Falling in a Winter Wonderland

It snowed today! I love snow! I say that even though I fell this morning in it. I was going down the steps of death at my house and bam! I was down on both knees like a sack of potatoes! The fall was made worse by the fact I slid down the remaining steps on both knees. Boom boom boom boom! It was kind of like David and I used to do in our old house, only then we planned it and had sleeping bags for protection and extra speed. I retained my composure however and I did not spill the kettle of hot water I was carrying to clear the windscreen. I will not be wearing skirts for the foreseeable future due the bruises that will be appearing shortly.


There is more snow than this photo would make it appear. I put this one on in the interests of continuity from the Autumn Leaves post a while ago. I would guestimate that there was about 2-3 inches. I love the sky you get when it snows, all grey and dark. It was snowing when I took this but you can’t really see that so much.

One other thing, I am slightly late with these. Thanks to Father and Karen Next Door for letters received this week. It was very exciting to get something in my mailbox other than junk and bills. I am still accepting mail. No mail is too small or too late. And of course your name will be published on tinatheprincess to say what an amazing friend you are! That, and you’ll get a return piece of mail from Hicksville. So many reasons to send something to your good friend Tina!

2 comments:

pamelaalgie said...

can i come and play in the snow please?

Tina said...

Yes!! But only if you promise not to laugh at the bruises on my knees!

Related Posts with Thumbnails