Friday, February 03, 2006

House

Last night I had the most productive night in my house ever. Here’s what I did:

  • Dusted the entire house
  • Went on a moosie hunt [moosie n. B. family word to describe the cobwebs that gather in the top corner of ceilings. Origin; Granny]
  • Hoovered everywhere including the stairs which were awe-kward!
  • Cleaned the bath, sink, toilet and bathroom ceiling (had some sort of yellow scum on which disturbed me everytime I used mouthwash)
  • Moved my crap to the appropriate place
  • Cleaned the fridge
  • Did the dishes and cleaned all surfaces in the kitchen (which to be fair isn't that many)
  • Swept the floors
  • Mopped the floors
  • Did two loads of washing and finally sorted out the last lot I did when I got back from skiing. (Me? Too many clothes? No!)
  • Emptied the bins
  • Polished my boots (had to actually buy the shoe polish. Nobody buys shoe polish. It’s just one of those things that you have in your house but you don't really know where it came from)
  • Sewed a hem on my trousers and a button on my coat

I’m fairly sure the last time I did all this was about 1989. Only then I got my House Orderly badge in Brownies for my efforts. Last night all I got was the knowing satisfaction that my house was clean.

I kind of want the badge too.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Mother has pointed out an unfortunate juxtaposition (her words). Moving my crap refers to the stuff I own that was sitting out and making the place look untidy.

It does not refer to any other sort of crap. That always goes in the right place first time round.

Related Posts with Thumbnails